Friday, June 20, 2008
Sixth Topic: What do you learn from your roommate?
Some of you may have already known that I often enjoy being alone. It's mainly because I want to take a rest. When I arrived on the campus on the first day, I prayed to God that I could share a small room with my roommate joyfully. He answed my prayer. I share many things with her. It's not a usual opportunity to stay in a room with not a family member. I see how she puts on her make-up, how she shows her interests, how she initiates speaking, and how she keeps silent. More specifically, I got to know some popular shampoo brands (Nandamo, Daeng-gi-meori) and when my my eyes are very dry she is the one I can borrow eye-drops. I guess you all learn something from your roommate. What are they? Please leave one or two specific examples. Have a nice weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi, Beautiful Smile!
I'm very lucky enough to have a wonderful rommie. She is Liz in class 5. She has a smile as beautiful as you. We are the same age. We have a little different character, so at first we had to have a short time to try to understand each other. We made our room rules and encouraged to study. When we have a complaining, we talk to each other honestly and directly so that we can understand easily and get along well. I like her independent, considerate, diligent, open-minded character and try to learn plain but adventurous attitude.
Hi, Therese!
I think you have a good roommate. Last Friday morning, I happened to have breakfast with your roommy. I realized again she is very good and comfortable person.
I don't know if you know the fact that I and my roomy god a divorce, but anyhow, I got some lessons thanks to her. I realized again that there are many people who are too different from me for me to understand them.
You must be fortunate to have a good roomy!
Hi, Therese!
I've got such a wonderful roomie.
Her personality is almost same with me. So we can share almost everything. If I suggest some ideas for our learning or activities, she's really listening to me. Then we found out we're already doing the same thing without any trouble. She's a quite energetic person that I really envy from her. Of course we have some different styles like the time going to bed, speaking style.
I like her cheerful, energetic, diligent, easy going and honest personality. I really want to remain her real friend even after this course.
Hi, Therese!
Thank you for your good question. I haven't thought about our relationship and thank to my roommate. To come to think of sharing a room, it is not only interesting but inconvenient. But I can say I'm happy to have my roommate. She has many good points, especially she's kind and generous. If I take one thing, she always share her snack with me. Actually I don't drive. That means I can't bring some things to eat here. Sometimes I go shopping with other friend and have chances to share something with her. I'm glad to have my roommate.
Hi,happy therese!
It's good to see you when you smile. You have a beautiful smile.
My roommate, maybe yu know, he is just like an old friend of mine. First of all, we have many common things. we go to bed almost same time. The way of thinking is almost same. The tastes are almost same. Except he studies harder than I. Oh, his name is Jason in class 2. The most important thing between us is we like each very very much.
Hi Therese,
This is a great topic. I will tell you about one of my most memorable roommates from my past. In my second year in Korea I had a gay roommate and I learned all about gay culture and became much more sypathetic to their situation than I had been before.
Post a Comment